This is a blog about my life in London and occasionally beyond

Friday 27 March 2009

Advertising!

So a little recent history of me; I graduated a couple of years ago with a degree in Mechanical Engineering (yuck!) which didn't really do it for me so I've spent the past couple of years working in central and local government getting a hang of how things work with the powers that be but now I think I significantly 'knowledged up' as much as I really need to be about government and I want to move into advertising (cue lots of people, including my hero Charlie Brooker, wanting to punch me in the face). I find the creative process fascinating and in terms of what I want to go into, which is planning, I find the whole psychology side of why people buy things? fascinating.

Anyway that was just a short preface to let you know that you will probably be seeing quite a few ads that I like being posted on here. Most of which will be viral and social media campaigns, after all isn't that what blogs are for? One such ad that I recently found via Creativity Magazine's site (they do a great weekly top 5 ads) was this one for the Swedish Post Office... check it out...




As someone wanting to be a planner/strategist I am pretty in awe of this, to not have to spend any money on media is incredible and really shows the exciting time the advertising industry is in.

Anyway I'll stop being an ad geek now. Oh I'm applying for the graduate planner scheme at DraftFCB at the moment so if anyone has any tips please let me know as it would be my dream job with an amazing company.

No comments:

Post a Comment