This is a blog about my life in London and occasionally beyond

Saturday 2 May 2009

American Food

There is traditionally only one place in London where everyone goes to get their American Sweets (not just American but any imported sweets that we don't get here any more) and that's Cyber Candy. Unfortunately for us 'burbanites CC is around an hour and a half away, which is a long way to go for Mountain Dew. This is why, my friends, I almost JIMPed (that's Jizzed In My Pants for those of you that don't use that phrase on a regular enough basis to have an acronym for it) when I saw this in a store only 20 minutes away...

Look at all of those flavours! Cookies and Cream, S'mores, Chocolate Fudge Sundae.


This stuff (marshmellow spread) is actually pretty disgusting but I used to love it as a kid!


4 comments:

  1. OH. MY. GOD!

    WHERE IS THIS>>> WHAT STORE IS THIS... the only store I knew where I could get Canadian/American treats was the Canada shop in Covent Garden. I NEED TO KNOW WHERE THIS IS!!

    OMG.. Pop Tarts and MARSHMALLOWS (I spent like 3 days trying to find a place that sold marshmallows cause I was trying to make rice crispy squares). OMG... COMBOS! and GOLDFISH!! A&W Rootbeer.. my sister would have loved that.

    OH MAN. this is like the most exciting post I've ever read in my life! I'm So happy right now. Like... OVER THE MOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well also in Covent Garden you have Cyber Candy www.cybercandy.co.uk you can definitely get Pop Tarts there. I haven't tried but I thought any supermarket sold marshmallows.

    When I say it's out in the 'burbs I meant it. This is the food section of the Bentall's store in Kingston. Where is it you stay in London?

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I come back I think i'll be looking in Finchley. I know Kingston... that's like.. South of Colliers Wood. hmmm. That is far.

    Marshmallows are hard to find in London... couldn't ever find them at Sainsbury's or Tesco's... really frustrating...

    When I'm back in London I'm gonna have to check out Bentall's... Thanks so much xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think i'm going to plan a trip there in T-1 day!

    ReplyDelete