This is a blog about my life in London and occasionally beyond

Sunday 14 March 2010

Things to do at home this week

Okay this may be a little bit of a cop out for this week since I am doing very little due to insufficient funds. I will come back with a full list next week but for now here's the things I will be watching/listening/reading this week. Warning not all of these will be current, I will try to shield you from my nostalgia trip of emo music from when I was 15 though!

Reading

Hannah and I are trying to read the same books while she's away, we just finished The White Tiger by Aravind Adiga - which despite not holding much hope for it, I really enjoyed and it kind of reminded me of Crime and Punishment which I also love.

Next book on our list is A Single Man by Christopher Isherwood.

Oh and Hannah's blog of course - http://365daysoftokyo.posterous.com/

Listening

Joanna Newsom - She's getting more popular attention with this latest album. It's quite different to the previous two, which in my opinion isn't a great thing I loved them and I loved her voice. With this latest one I get the feeling some people think she has now 'learned to sing'. This album sounds a little like Joanna has been taking singing lessons from Kate Bush and Frida Hyvonen... again great things but I guess I miss Joanna's unique voice. Further listening needed I guess.




Watching

TV:
- Lost - Still loving it, we're now on episode 7 of the final series and it is better than ever!

- On recommendation from Slice Magazine I am just starting 30 Rock too. I'll let you know how it goes.

Film:
There's a few films that I shamefully haven't seen yet that are just coming out on DVD

- Fantastic Mr Fox

- A Serious Man

- An Education

When I have nothing else to do there is nothing better than just going through video after video from TED. The one below is from James Cameron.





No comments:

Post a Comment