This is a blog about my life in London and occasionally beyond

Tuesday 10 November 2009

Better to say nothing than to say something wanky

Daniel Johnston @ Union Chapel

For some reason I have never been very good at talking or indeed writing about music - this is probably why I let my last blog, a music blog, die. Part of my problem is I think people sound like dicks when they try to talk about music, I was at a Daniel Johnston gig last week when I heard some guy in the toilets discussing the opening band who he seemed to like and then he said;

" The guitar didn't dominate the song the guitar just laid the foundation"

There was more wanky things he said about the band but this is all I can accurately remember. At that point I decided that I really didn't want to be at risk of saying things like that, so instead I am not going to talk about the music I am going to put some photos up and direct you to Last.fm pages. Lazy? Definitely but if that's how I avoid saying something wanky.

Kings of Convenience @ Hoxton Bar and Kitchen

Final Fantasy @ Field Day

Santigold @ Field Day

2 comments:

  1. I agree about the talk about music thing, or any kind of art.
    Thanks for the post,
    dane

    ReplyDelete